Connect Project Status
This page provides an update on work in progress and information on released versions
XML database to replace Access.
Conversion utility included.
Service release dealing with XP
B-Em properties bug removed.
* Internet database supports Stairway to Hell disk, tape and "Collection" archives.
* Automatic check for updated Internet database and option to download.
* Bug in create new database routine removed.
Tested and supports Win98, Win2000 and WinXP.
* Support for B-Em.
* 8 Bit Software archives database updates.
* Stairway to Hell archive database updates.
* Internet connectivity routines recoded.
* Option to save downloaded disk images.
* BeebEm loads disk0.ssd as default disk image (thanks to Paul Field).
* bbc.ini file access recoded.
* Option to check for updated Internet database and download.
* Grid selection is optimised, includes Publisher and Software Title only. Genre is phased out (apols).
* Internet links to:
- 8 Bit Software archives - updated.
- Stairway to Hell archives - 1480+ disk images.
* Internet connectivity.
* A common access interface established for local and Internet based data.
* Internet links to:
- 8 Bit Software archives (thanks to Chris).
- BBC Lives! archives (thanks to Robert).
- Dave's Emulator Page archives (thanks to Dave).
- Only the Best BBC Software archives.
- Stairway to Hell archives (thanks to Dave) delayed due to impending site redesign.
* Debugged routines for processing various disk image formats.
In addition to the .SSD and .UEF file formats:
* .BBC file format is processed for pcBBC.
* .DSD file format is processed for BBC emulators.
* .IMG file format is processed for BBC emulators, option to save updates on non-zipped disk images.
* .ZIP file decompression is implemented for .BBC, .DSD, .IMG and .SSD files.
* Option to create 200Kb .IMG files for read and write access.
initialisation sequence recoded.
Help system: updated.
redesigned and optimised.
Help system: restructured and re-edited.
File system: .JPG and .GIF files recognised.
Database: option to save sorted data fields on exit.
New record: desktop option.
|1.4||Includes a version of the BBC Microcomputer User Guide's Basic Keywords system, accessible through
|1.3||* Supports ElectrEm and the
* Debugged and streamlined database management system.
* Expanded help file.
|1.2||* A unified file set for Win98 and
* The project remains untested on other Windows platforms.
* Reduced setup file.
|1.1||The first public release of BBC
A graphical interface (1024 x 768 optimised) to a user managed software database, enabling:
* input and editing.
* scrolling access.
* sort by title, genre and publisher.
* selection and execution.
Supports BeebEm and pcBBC.
Supports the .SSD file format.
Separate installation versions for Win98 and Win2000.